Hello Friends! We are back with one more delicious recipe ” Vegetable Manchurian Recipe”. This is an authentic Indian Chinese recipe and we will also discuss the history of Manchurian today. When the Government changes in any country, some kind of people are in favour of it and some are not in favour of it.
When in China, the Emperor came, the people from Hakka, were removed from the country China. So the people from Hakka were primarily traders and they went to different places. So one “Hakka Tribe” reached India with a trader called “Tong Atchew”. There was a place near Kolkata over there, they made their own small village of 50-60 people. Later on ‘Tong Atchew’ lived his entire life there, his remains are also found there. That place today, is known as Achipur.
Near Achipur, Tangda village settled down and the foundation of Indian Chinese food was laid in Tangda. In Tangda, is where many dishes were born that don’t exist in China or did not exist in India. That’s Indian Chinese food, “Vegetable Manchurian” is one of those dishes.
The word “Manchurian” is original. It’s not like, it just arrived from nowhere. There is a place called “Manchuria”, it’s between Mongolia, North China and Russia. There is a region in between them known as “Manchuria”. In Manchuria, Manchu Dynasty or Manchu people live.
It is said that the food there is very royal, but in the food served there, there is barely any vegetarian dish. That means, everything they eat is Non-Vegetarian. So it’s impossible for this recipe to reach India from there.
I hope now you all have understood the history of Vegetable Manchurian Recipe, So without further delay let’s move towards the recipe.
Vegetable Manchurian Recipe (Gravy)
Ingredients For Manchurian Balls – Vegetable Manchurian Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onion greens
- 1/4 finely chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green beans
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1 inch grated ginger
- 1 tbsp white pepper powder
- 1 cup refined flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
Ingredients For Gravy – Vegetable Manchurian Recipe
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Vegetable stock, as required
- 1/2 cup spring onion greens, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cornstarch slurry
- Prepared Manchurian balls
Instructions For Manchurian Balls
- In a mixing bowl, add grated carrot, cabbage, beans, spring onion, refined flour, salt, white pepper, corn starch, ginger and mix it well.
- In a Pan or Kadhai, heat oil for deep frying.
- Make small size balls and fry till golden brown and crispy.
- Remove in a kitchen towel and keep aside for further use.
Instructions For Vegetable Manchurian Gravy
- In a wok/kadhai, add oil.
- Add ginger, garlic and green chillies, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, tomato ketchup, red chilli sauce, sugar and vegetables stock, mix it well.
- Add spring onion greens and coriander leaves, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cornstarch slurry, mix well and let it come to boil.
- Now, Add prepared Manchurian balls, mix well and let the gravy thicken.
- Serve hot with choice of your rice.
- Sprinkle salt on chopped or grated vegetables and leave for 5 minutes for vegetable stock.
- Add less salt as soy sauce or red chilli sauce also contains salt.
- You can double fry the manchurian balls for more crispy texture.