Chow Mein Recipe is mainly originated from Chinese Cuisine. It was introduced in different countries by Chinese immigrants. This recipe is made from stir – fried noodles with different vegetables and sometimes with meat and eggs. Today we are going to discuss the Veg Chow Mein Recipe.
When ever you make Chinese food then understand, that the main time consumption happens in the cutting, chopping. Its 80% preparation 20% cooking. So we will boil the noodles first, until the noodles boils we will do the rest of the cutting and chopping. This is the most important, keep all the preparations ready while as Chinese cooking is always on high heat.
So without wasting time, let’s head to the delicious recipe.
Veg Chow Mein
Ingredients – Boiling Noodles
- 2 packet noodles
- 2 litre water
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
Ingredients – Chow Mein Recipe
- 2 Sliced onions (medium size)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 inch chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 medium size cabbage
- 1 medium julienned capsicum
- 1 medium julienned red bell pepper (optional)
- 3 green chillies (chopped)
- Boiled noodles
- 1/2 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1/4 tsp soya sauce
- Spring onions (chopped)
Ingredients – Sauces Mixture
- 1 tbsp green chilli sauce
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp powdered sugar
Ingredients – Dry Spice Mix
- 1/4 tsp degi red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
Instructions – Boiling Noodles
- Boil Water in a large pot, add salt and bring it to rolling boil then add the raw noodles and let them cook.
- Once cooked remove from heat and transfer in a strainer, drain excess water and apply oil and keep aside for further use.
Instructions – Sauces Mixture
- Add vinegar, red chilli sauce, soya sauce, green chilli sauce, powdered sugar in a bowl and mix everything properly and keep aside for further use.
Instructions – Dry Spice Mix
- In a bowl add degi red chilli powder, salt, garam masala and mix everything then keep aside for further use.
Instructions – Chow Mein Recipe
- In a Chinese Wok or pan heat oil add onion, chopped garlic, ginger, green chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Now, add red bell pepper, cabbage, capsicum and saute on high heat for 1 minute.
- Add boiled noodles, prepared sauce mix, dry spice mix, red chilli sauce, soya sauce and toss it properly until well mixed.
- Cook for 2 minutes then turn off the heat and sprinkle chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot and garnish it with some spring onions.
- Try this chow mein recipe with our Virgin Mojito Recipe. You will love it.
- You can add broccoli and other vegetables to make it healthier.
- Chop all the vegetables while the noodles are boiling, it will save your time.