It is a very delicious Indian Chicken Recipe “Butter Chicken Recipe “. It is also known as “Murgh Makhani” in India. It has very decent aromatic flavor of Indian spices. You will only need onion, ginger , garlic and tomato paste to enhance the flavor of the sauce. It consist of aromatic golden chicken pieces in incredible curry sauce. Today we are going to share Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Recipe. I love to serve it with Garlic Naan.
INGREDIENTS : Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Recipe
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp curry paste
- 2 tbsp tandoori masala
- 2 medium diced onions
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 inch minced ginger
- 5 pcs green cardamom
- 7 ounce tomato paste
- 1 Tsp garam masala
- 14 ounce coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup plain yogurt
INSTRUCTIONS : Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Recipe
- Marinate the chicken in 1 tablespoon of tandoori masala, salt and 2 tablespoon curd and keep it for 20 minutes to rest.
- Heat vegetable oil in a broad vessel and add butter to it after that put ginger, garlic and onion together.
- Now cut your chicken into bite size pieces and add to vessel and cook it till the onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Now add remaining ingredients like tomato paste, curry paste, curry powder, tandoori masala and garam masala, salt according to taste and keep stirring until no lumps of tomato paste remain.
- Now transfer the mixture to a slow cooker and stir with cardamom, coconut milk and yogurt.
- Keep Stirring it at an interval of half an hour and cook for 3 hours on medium heat until the chicken is tender and the sauce reduced to desired consistency.
- Remove Cardamom before serving.
As you had put salt while marinating chicken, add a little less salt the second time.
This recipe has many varieties, one of the most famous is known as “Murgh Makhani”.