As in our previous post we had discussed Veg Momos Recipe. But we have to take care of our Non-Vegetarian food lovers. So, today we are going to share with you the best “Chicken Momos Recipe”. This chicken momos recipe contains simple and flavourful minced chicken mixture enclosed in a refined flour dough and steamed.
This Recipe is best you can make at home. Moist and juicy minced chicken covered with super soft covering. You know whether it is Japanese food or Thai food any oriental Cuisine, they do have dumplings! whether it is dimsums, gyoza or we do have one of our own dumpling, which we can call our own! and came to us via Tibet, that is “Momos”.
As you all know, whenever we make a recipe, we discuss a little about its facts and also about its history and where it originated from. We have already discussed the history of momos in our Veg Momos Recipe. So, Without wasting much time let’s head to the chicken momos recipe..
Chicken Momos Recipe
Ingredients – Chicken Momos Recipe – For dough
- 2 Cup Refined Flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Water as required
Ingredients For Filling
- 300 grams minced chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tender coriander stems (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp green chilli (chopped)
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
Ingredients For Momos Chutney
- 5 tomatoes cut into half
- 4 dried kashmiri red chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
Instructions For Chicken Momos Recipe
- Knead the dough using refined flour, sugar, vinegar and salt. Dough has to be semi soft. Keep aside to rest for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile to make fillings in a mixing bowl add minced chicken, chopped green onion, soy sauce, coriander stems, Salt to taste, green chilli, white pepper powder, ginger garlic paste, grated ginger and mix well.
- Once the dough has finished resting, lightly flour a work surface, and roll out the dough into medium size thin disk. Stuff the filling into it, give the desired shape to momo and keep aside.
- Place the momos in a steamer and steam for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately with chutney
- For Chutney – heat oil in a pan add tomatoes, kashmiri red chillies, salt and water and allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
- In another pan dry roast peanuts, coriander seeds for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Now, add tomatoes with all other ingredients and remaining water along with peanuts mixture in a blender and blend it into smooth paste.
- Serve this chutney with momos.
- You can use half quantity of whole wheat flour to make it healthier in ratio 2:1.
- White vinegar is essential to use while kneading the dough as it’s taste shouldn’t come but it binds the protein inside the flour.
- You will have to work a little bit on the dough, don’t over work it. By stretching the dough it will develop Gluten, which gives flexibility.
- While the dough is resting, prepare your filling and chutney it will save your time.
- Leave a comment if you like this Chicken Momos Recipe.