Here we will discuss about the tempting and juicy Lemon Chicken Recipe. My non-vegetarian viewers are often slandered “You guys can cook veg as well as non-veg recipes” and every non-veg snack is either fried, tandoori or chinese! Welcome to the world of Recipe Magazines and get ready to cook an amazing non-vegetarian snack which is not fried, tandoori or chinese! It’s an amazing non-vegetarian snack. All you need is chicken, curd, garlic, green chillies and lemons.
Lemon chicken is the name of a few dishes found in foods all over the planet which incorporate chicken and lemon. In Canadian-and British Chinese Food, it generally comprises of bits of chicken meat that are sautéed or battered and broiled and covered with a thick, sweet lemon-enhanced sauce.
Ingredients : Primary Marination of Lemon Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Kg Chicken ( thigh and drumsticks)
- Salt to taste
Ingredients : Second Marination of Lemon Chicken
- Primary Marinated Chicken
- Half Cup Beaten Curd.
- 3 Tablespoons Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt to taste
Ingredients : For Tempering
- 2 Tablespoon oil
- 2 Bayleaf
- 2 green cardamom
- Marinated Chicken
- 3/4 Tablespoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch slurry
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped green coriander leaves
- Few lemon zest
- Little water
Ingredients : For Masala
- 5 green cardamom
- 1 clove
- 15 to 20 Black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of fenugreek seeds (optional)
Ingredients : Garnishing Lemon Chicken
- A Pinch of Masala
- Lemon wedge
- Coriander spring
Instructions : Lemon Chicken
- For Masala : In a small pan add cumin seeds, green cardamom, black peppercorns, cloves, fenugreek seeds, salt to taste and dry roast them on moderate heat. Transfer it to a grinder and make a coarse mixture.
- For First Marination : Add Salt, Chicken and lemon juice and mix it well. Rest it for 15 to 20 Minutes. (Squeeze out the excess water from the chicken and keep it aside for further use)
- For Second Marination : Add primarily marinated chicken, Ginger Garlic Paste, curd, salt to taste in a large bowl and mix it and Keep it to rest for further use.
- For Tempering : In a pot or pan add oil, when the oil becomes hot add bay leaf and black cardamom and let it splutter.
- Add marinated chicken and saute it for a minute and then cover it with a lid to cook it for 7 to 8 minutes on moderate head until chicken gets juicy and tender.
- Now add turmeric powder and saute, add little water, lemon juice, lemon zest and cornstarch slurry and get a quick boil.
- Finish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Transfer it to a serving dish and sprinkle some prepared masala.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and coriander spring.
- Serve hot.
- Logic behind Primary Marination of lemon chicken is that the acid present in lemon juice makes the chicken more tender.
- Drumstick has 2 sides the white side and the plain side, You will find the tendon(band) on white side, cut this band part of the drumstick whenever you’re cooking it.
- Tendon(band) connect the muscles to the bone and whenever you cook it it starts getting tighter and shrinks the chicken and makes the meat tough.
- You can make cuts in your drumsticks to make sure that it properly covered with masala.
- The chicken would taste better if you completely wring out its water before second marination.
- We need the marination to be viscous enough to coat the chicken.
- Do not add too much lemon juice into it because it will become bitter when you cook it.
- In your first marination you can leave the chicken aside to rest for 30 minutes or an hour but in second marination do not leave the chicken aside for more than 15 minutes because the flavours will diluting and it will hamper the taste.