Basmati rice is an assortment of long, thin-grained, sweet-smelling rice from the Indian subcontinent. This appetising Instant Pot Basmati Rice Indian rice recipe is enhanced with an array of flavors. Soaking the basmati rice prior to cooking has a significant effect. Serve this Indian-style instant pot basmati rice with your favourite Indian curry or dal (lentils). This assortment has become extremely famous everywhere, with India and Pakistan being the biggest exporters of this rice.
Nothing beats the flavor of freshly cooked rice! However, the enchanted behind basmati rice is its sought-after nutty and still somewhat firm surface.
Without wasting more time let’s head to the Perfect Instant Pot Basmati Rice Recipe….
Instant Pot Basmati Rice
INGREDIENTS : Instant Pot Basmati Rice
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 6 cups Water (for both Soaking and boiling)
- 2 whole green cardamom pods
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- 4 pcs cloves
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 slice lemon
INSTRUCTIONS :Instant Pot Basmati Rice
- wash your rice gently with clean water in a large vessel
- now soak your rice for 30 minutes by adding equal amount of water (doing this will greatly enhance the taste of your rice)
- now put 1 tablespoon oil in a pot and heat
- Put all whole spices like cardamom, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick and cloves in oil and make them sizzle
- add 3 cups of water with lemon slice (lemon slice will help the rice not stick together) and bring it to boil on high heat
- drain the water from the soaked rice and add them to pot
- boil rice for 1 minute on high heat and then reduce the heat to medium
- simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes
- drain the excess water via strainer
- Let them rest for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork before serving and enjoy with your favorite Curry like Indian Chole, Dal Makhni.
- If you have time, you can soak the rice for more than 30 minutes. This will further enhance the flavor of rice.
- (Optional) Remove the whole spices like cinnamon, Cloves and cardamom before serving.
- Make sure you warn people not to bite the whole spices.
Ques : Which Basmati Rice is Best ?
Ans : I used India Gate Basmati Rice available on Indian Grocery Store. Kohinoor and Pride of India are also good quality brand but prefer which one is best for you and easily available.
Ques : What happens if Basmati Rice not Soaked ?
Ans : This assists the rice to absorb some water and assists the grains with unwinding. This produces milder grains. Utilize the soaking water for cooking: You don’t have to discard the liquid in which you soaked the rice prior to cooking.