Here we will discuss How to Cook Pasta Perfectly every time (pasta basics). Pasta is a sort of food regularly produced using an unleavened mixture of wheat flour blended in with water or eggs and framed into sheets or different shapes, then, at that point, cooked by bubbling or baking. Rice flour, or vegetables like beans or lentils, are now and then used instead of wheat flour to yield an alternate taste and surface, or as a gluten-free elective. Pasta is a staple food of Italian cuisine.
Pastas are separated into two general classifications: dried (pasta secca) and new (pasta fresca). Most dried pasta is created monetarily by means of an expulsion interaction, in spite of the fact that it very well may be delivered at home. New pasta is generally created manually, some of the time with the help of basic machines. New pastas accessible in supermarkets are delivered financially by enormous pasta machines.
Both dried and fresh pastas arrive in various shapes and assortments.
Some of the most common types and shapes of pasta are :
Pipe Type Pastas :
- Rigatoni: Means a thick pipe shaped.
- Penne: Penne is a thin pipe that is cut like pencil.
- Macaroni: Elbow shaped pipe.
- Chifferi: That is two times turned elbow shaped pipe.
Noodle Type Pastas :
- Capellini: which is thinnest and is called angle hair pasta.
- Spaghetti: the normal one which we know as noodle kind.
- Linguini: That is little flat as compared to spaghetti.
One of the most famous shape now a days is Farfalle pasta which holds the shape of bow tie.
- 200 Grams Rigatoni Pasta (you can take according to your choice)
- 2 Ltr Water
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Instructions : How to cook pasta
- Add water and salt in a large pot and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Add the pasta and cook it for 10 to 12 minutes or according to the timing given on the package.
- Once cooked strain it properly and keep aside for further use.
- The identity of a good pasta is when you take it in your hand it won’t become white because a good pasta is not made of refined flour and refined flour is white.
- A good pasta is made of semolina.
- For 100 grams of pasta take 1 litre water to boil so the pasta can roll in it.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt in 1 litre of water and do not add anything else in water.
- Follow the cooking time of pasta mentioned on the packet because every packet has different amount of semolina.
- Unless there is rolling boil in water do not add pasta.
- Stirring is very important just when you add the pasta so that the pasta keeps rolling in water and cooked evenly.
- Whenever you boil pasta boil it to the tooth only do not overcook it.