Here we will discuss about Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste Recipe. It is one of the most essential part of Indian Dishes. Our homemade ginger garlic paste is pure and free from Preservatives, you will get the unique flavor and aroma. It is a blend made with ginger, garlic, salt,oil and green chillies (optional).
It will be a great convenience to have a jar of fresh homemade ginger garlic paste in your refrigerator while preparing Indian food, everytime you don’t need to peel and chop small amount of ginger and garlic. You can store it in a Glass jar in refrigerator up to 1 month. I prefer to store it in small batches you can double or triple the quantity of ingredients according to your need.
In India, most traditional households crush fresh ginger and garlic in a pestle and mortar when needed. It really makes a difference in your dish and nothing can beat the flavor and aroma of fresh homemade ginger garlic paste.
Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste
Ingredients for Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4 Inches Roughly sliced Ginger
- 25 to 30 Garlic Cloves roughly chopped
- 8 no. Green Chillies less spicy (Optional)
- 3 Tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
Instructions for Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste
- Wash all the Ingredients under running water to remove dust, if any.
- Pat and dry completely, Peel the Garlic Cloves and chop ginger roughly.
- Add all the ingredients in a Grinder jar (Green chillies optional).
- Make a smooth and fine paste.
- Transfer the paste in airtight container and you can store it in a refrigerator for up to 5 to 6 weeks.
- If your green chillies are spicy use half of the quantity.
- Oil and salt works as preservatives.
- Ratio of ginger garlic should be 1 inch ginger for 6 to 8 cloves of garlic.