Hey foodies ! Today we will share Butter Naan Recipe, it will turn out mind-blowing. I have shared the recipe of Garlic Naan in our previous post. Although it’s results are good, when I keep making any recipe, I keep doing many trials & after many trials and errors of naan, I have made perfect recipe for the dough. By which your naan will be crisp from outside & soft from inside.
“Naan” is one of the most famous thick flatbread in India. It is usually cooked in “Tandoor” . Many times we say that we don’t have tandoor & can’t make Naan, as it does not get the effect of Tandoor. We will discuss that how to make that Naan with Tandoor effect at home, without Tandoor, Oven or any equipment.
You just need a skillet with a handle & your Butter Naan will be ready perfectly.
Butter Naan Recipe
Ingredients Butter Naan – Dough
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups Refined Flour
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Salt to taste
- Oil for greasing (as required)
Ingredients For Butter Naan Recipe
- 1/4 cup Dry Refined Flour
- 1 tbsp Onion Seeds
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- Water as required
Instructions For Dough
- Add water, milk, curd, oil, powdered sugar, in a large mixing bowl and mix them using a whisk.
- Further, add refined flour, wheat flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and mix uning a spatula until all the flour combines.
- Then transfer the dough on a kitchen platform & knead the dough for 8-10 minutes or until it becomes smooth and non-sticky.
- Once the dough becomes smooth and non-sticky, form it into a tight round dough ball and place it in a greased bowl and drizzle a few drops of oil over the surface of the dough to prevent it from getting dry.
- Cover the bowl with clingwrap or a wet cloth and let the dough rest for at least 2 hours, you can let the dough for a few more hours if you have the time.
- Now, transfer the dough onto a kitchen platform and divide it into equal sized roundels, I have divided them into 65 to 75 gram portions.
- Place the shaped roundels onto an oiled baking tray or a plate, again drizzle a few drops of oil on the doughballs to prevent them from getting dry.
- Cover the doughballs using a damp cloth and let them rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After the final rest, the doughballs will be ready to be cooked.
Instructions For Butter Naan Recipe
- To cook Naan, you will require a tawa that is “not” non-stick.
- Heat the tawa properly before you start shaping the naans, to check if the tawa is ready, sprinkle some water on the tawa, if the water evaporates instantly then the tawa is ready.
- Now, Coat a doughball with dry refined flour and roll it into a thick round disc using a rolling pin.
- Apply some onion seeds, coriander leaves on surface and roll it out into a flat semi thick chapati.
- Then grab and pull one side of the naan form it into an oval shape, you can keep the naan round as well.
- Lift the naan and apply some water on the back side of it, make sure you apply it nicely.
- Then place the naan (water side down), on the hot tawa and press it down carefully using your fingers to stick onto the tawa.
- Cook it for 10-15 seconds over high heat or until bubbles start appearing on the surface.
- Lift the tawa, flip and hold it over direct flame and cook until the naan becomes light golden brown and crisp from the top. (make sure you keep rotating the tawa over the flame so that the naan cooks evenly.
- Once cooked remove the naan from the tawa using a spatula and place it on a Serving plate.
- Apply melted butter over it.
- Serve immediately with the curry of your choice.